Back to American Foundry Society
During these seminars, AFS representatives provide information on the safety and health hazards that might exist in a foundry and control measures that could be used to address these hazards. Presentations at the seminars cover metal pattern shop hazards, metal molding and core making process hazards, and metal cleaning and finishing hazards.
- September 25-27, 2012: Training for OSHA Region V staff at the Ohio Center for Occupational Safety and Health (OCOSH), Pickering, Ohio, including a facility tour at the Clow Water Systems Company, Div. of McWane, Coshocton, Ohio.
- October 4-6, 2011: Training for OSHA Region VIII staff at OSHA's Salt Lake City Technical Center , Salt Lake City, Utah, including a facility tour at the Pacific Cast Iron Pipe Company, a VPP site in Provo, Utah.
- October 26-28, 2010: Training for 17 OSHA Region III staff at the OSHA Area Office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. On October 28, 2010, the group took a tour of the McConway & Torley foundry, a VPP site.
- May 12-14, 2010: Training for 19 OSHA Region VII staff at the OSHA Area Office in Kansas City, Missouri. On May 14, 2010, the group took a tour of the AFS member company Superior Aluminum Casting’s Independence, Missouri, facility
- April 21-22, 2009: Training for 25 OSHA Region V staff at AFS member Navistar International’s foundry in Waukesha, Wisconsin. On April 22, 2009, the group took a tour of the Navistar International foundry. For more information, see the September 2009 Alliance Quarterly Review story.
Best Practice Seminar Photos:
OSHA and AFS representatives at the Pacific Cast Iron Pipe Company during the October 2011 best practices seminar.
OSHA and AFS representatives staff at the McConway & Torley foundry during the October 2010 best practices seminar.
Fred Kohloff, Director, Environmental, Health and Safety, American Foundry Society,
provides insight on "Hazards in the Pattern Shop" at the April 2009 best practices seminar.
Tom Slavin, Manager, Occupational Safety and Health, Navistar International,
Warrenville, IL, discusses "Molding and Core making Process Hazards" at the April 2009 best practices seminar.