ANNUAL ALLIANCE REPORT
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Wilkes-Barre AREA OFFICE
The Wyoming Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Alliance Background
January 11, 2008
A cooperative initiative to assist the Wyoming Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross to deliver safety and health training sessions at the Wyoming Valley Chapter Red Cross training facility. Workplace classes include: First aid, CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), bloodborne pathogens and others.
Implementation Team Members
Wilkes-Barre Area Office:
- David Martin
- Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS)
Wyoming Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross:
- Chris Wylam
- Director Health and Safety Services
- Charlie Krommes
- Red Cross Instructor/Trainer
January 11, 2008 through January 11, 2009
- Implementation Team Meetings
Several meetings were held throughout the year, and email correspondence was exchanged.
Events and Products
Training and Education
- The Chapter conducted multiple training classes in First aid, CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), bloodborne pathogens and emergency preparedness for their workplace clients throughout the year.
Outreach and Communication
- The Chapter maintains an active training calendar and provides information services through electronic and print newsletters, and their web site.
During the first year of the Alliance, the alliance partners were not able to arrive at a plan that would result in more collaboration in the efforts of the partners. The Chapter used its own resources to conduct all the workplace training that was completed in 2009, and did not use any of the resources of the Area Office.
Plan for 2009
Dialogs with the Chapter will be continued in an effort to seek greater collaboration.