Hispanic Contractors of America, Inc.
(signed March 5, 2002; concluded March 5, 2003)
The Alliance focuses on helping Hispanic construction contractors (employers) reduce the number of Hispanic construction workers injured or killed by work-related accidents through improving their knowledge of safe and healthful work practices and achieving compliance with safety and health standards and other regulations. The goals of the Alliance include:
Outreach and communication
- Develop new resources, in Spanish, for employers and employees such as safety and health publications, audio-visual and other reference materials.
- Exhibit and disseminate safety and health information at conferences, events, community-based activities and through electronic mediums.
- Work with community and faith based organizations and other leadership groups to build safety and health awareness within the Hispanic community.
- Encourage bilingual individuals in construction to take the OSHA train-the-trainer course so they are qualified to teach Hispanic workers the OSHA 10- and 30-hour construction safety and health outreach courses in Spanish.
- Promote and encourage participation in OSHA's cooperative programs among HCA members.