ALLIANCE CLOSE-OUT REPORT
WILKES-BARRE AREA OFFICE
THE AMERICAN RED CROSS, WYOMING CHAPTER
JANUARY 11, 2010
- Alliance Background
January 11, 2008
A cooperative initiative to assist the Wyoming Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross to deliver safety and health training sessions at the Wyoming Valley Chapter Red Cross training facility. Workplace classes include: First aid, CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Bloodborne pathogens and others.
Implementation Team Members
Wilkes-Barre Area Office:
- David Martin
- Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS)
Wyoming Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross:
- Chris Wylam
- Director Health and Safety Services
- Charlie Krommes
- Red Cross Instructor/Trainer
January 11, 2009 through January 11, 2010
- Implementation Team Meetings
Several meetings were held throughout the year, and correspondence was exchanged.
- Activities and Products
Training and Education
- The Chapter conducts multiple training classes in First aid, CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Bloodborne pathogens and emergency preparedness for their workplace clients throughout the year.
Outreach and Communication
- The Chapter maintains an active training calendar and provides information services through electronic and print newsletters, and their web site.
The OSHA Compliance Assistance Specialist obtained the co-operation of the Chapter to provide a presentation on Bloodborne pathogen hazards in the workplace at the First Annual Job Safety and Health Conference sponsored by a consortium of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Labor Management Council, OSHA, the Northeastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers, the Manufacturer's and Employers Association, and the AFL-CIO. The Conference was attended by 100 employers and employees.
Due to decreased involvement in the alliance, both parties have agreed to let the alliance conclude.
Report Prepared by: David Martin, CAS, Wilkes-Barre Area Office 570-826-6538
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's webpage.