TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
- Title: Motor Vehicle Accidents: The Dow Chemical Company's Use of "Six Sigma" Methodology
- Type: Text Slide
- 30% reduction in motor vehicle accidents
- Adoption of training materials at other Dow businesses
- Likely reduction of motor vehicle accidents outside working hours
[Includes the Alliance and OSHA logos]
Motor Vehicle Accidents Case Study
- 30% reduction in motor vehicle accidents.
- Many of the materials developed by the project team (e.g., Vehicle Pre-Startup Checklist) have been adopted for use at other Dow businesses.
- While only work-related motor vehicle accidents were tracked for this project, It is likely that the driver education initiatives have also helped employees avoid accidents outside of working hours.