Suspended Scaffolds Multi-level
A multi-level scaffold is a two-point or multi-point adjustable suspension scaffold with a series of platforms at various levels resting on common stirrups.
NOTE: The requirements on this page are specific to multi-level scaffolds only. For requirements that apply to all types of suspended scaffolds, please refer to the Two-point (swing stage) module of this eTool.
- Multi-level suspended scaffolds must be equipped with additional independent support lines that are [29 CFR 1926.452(v)(1)]:
- Equal in number to the number of points supported.
- Equal in strength to the suspension ropes.
- Rigged to support the scaffold if the suspension ropes fail.
- Independent support lines and suspension ropes must not be anchored to the same points. [29 CFR 1926.452(v)(2)]
- Supports for platforms must be attached directly to support stirrups (not to other platforms). [29 CFR 1926.452(v)(3)]